Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that this being an 'ask the editor' section was a way of providing feedback and asking questions. I posted the following on the 'suggestions' thread about a week ago but don't appear to have has an answer. Should we expect answers and how long on average will they take?.

Why don't you, in generic prototype articles such as the Cement Trains one in the August issue, feature pictures of the model examples from other scales rather than just be limited to OO gauge ones? For example in N gauge the Presflow, PCA depressed centre and straight barrel version cement wagons are available but not pictured. It would certainly help broaden the appeal of the magazine which currently is rather exclusively OO centred and dominated.

G.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Grahame,

Firstly my apologies for not getting onto the forum more regularly this month - its been a very busy one burning the midnight oil to ensure that all of the magazine work has been completed on time to reach the printers and so ensure that everyone gets their magazine on time.

With regard to your question about features such as the cement traffic one, we generally stick to 'OO' gauge for the features because this is the most popular scale, but I'm also quite happy to consider including 'N' gauge models too. Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Mike Wild, Ed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Mike Wild @ 5 Sep 2008, 10:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With regard to your question about features such as the cement traffic one, we generally stick to 'OO' gauge for the features because this is the most popular scale, but I'm also quite happy to consider including 'N' gauge models too. Hope that answers your question.

Mike,
Thanks for the answer. I didn't actually mean replace the OO ones with N gauge ones but to feature both options where available especially in examples of RTR models. I do appreciate that OO is the most popular scale but it isn't 100% dominant to the exclusion of all others. Well, not yet AFAIA

Regards.
G.

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (Grahame HHC @ 10 Sep 2008, 14:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mike,
Thanks for the answer. I didn't actually mean replace the OO ones with N gauge ones but to feature both options where available especially in examples of RTR models. I do appreciate that OO is the most popular scale but it isn't 100% dominant to the exclusion of all others. Well, not yet AFAIA

Regards.
G.

Hi Grahame, I completely understand where you are coming from, particularly as a former N gauge modeller now converted to OO. As always your feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike Wild, Ed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts