Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice videos - I wish I had kept my German in working condition though - it's pretty well disappeared!

I have thought about it a few times, a holiday based on the Glacier Express spaced over a number of days and staying one or two days here and there along the route. But it's quite expensive for two or more. I had never thought of doing it in winter though. Absolutely everything pure white, could be a little boring after a while! Summer would be BEAUTIFUL though. Actually I'm quite surprised it runs in winter given the Swiss weather and their habit of dismantling the odd bridge to avoid destruction by avalanche!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dennis - you're a menace!

All this chat about The Glacier Express plus, now,
Julian's Alpine Rail Topic
in the N Gauge/009 section.
This has me all stirred up and is now driving me completely crazy checking out the feasibility of a Swiss trip in July!

Thank God, the travel agents don't charge for THEIR cataloges in the same way as the model manufacturers! (How's that for a sly dig, eh!)

I've been at it most of the weekend and it looks like the rest of the week will absorb most of my attention - and my rocky, but unfortunately not mountainous, bank balance too!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am getting slower!
Took me ages to get back to this one.
Thanks for the great photos, Dennis - it looks absolutely wonderful and so vividly illustrates the emotion behind the now unforgettable phrase ,

"Switzerland - a giant toy train set!"

Particularly photo #7 (from the top).
All those amazing exhibition class models that most of us have seen, if only in magazines, and #7 looks just like one of them, but it's REAL!

I HAVE to go there again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts