Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
PVA glue with a half water mix and a drop of fairy liquid to help the mixture flow. It dries clear and invisible. Do a test sample and see for yourself. I use it when creating wagon loads with real coal and rock. Put the scatter (or wagon load) in place first and drop the glue mixture on it. For precise application I use a dropper from a chemist which costs about 50p. The mixture gets soaked up like a sponge. Leave for 24 hours before removing the loose stuff.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE I refer to joining plastics to plastics must be the hardest material to bond together

Now we are not talking Airfix kit type soft plastic here which uses the standard kit glue successfully but the hard plastics used in the manufacture of model locomotives.

Even I (one who is constantly sorting things) have yet to find one that sticks instantly. Does anybody know of a decent adhesive that you can buy "off the shelf" that will stick things together properly?

Now those epoxy resins that are fantastic for sticking metal together are absolutely useless when it comes to hard plastic!

What with bits falling/breaking off locomotives when you remove bodies and all sorts of loco detailing to fit you would have thought Hornby would offer something in their spares list!

Or at least give some guidance on this subject on their website.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.