Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was wanting to put a note on here to say that I am going into hospital tomorrow for some tests which includes them doing some surgery on my head and I wanted to thank everyone who has given me some advice on here.

I should only be in for a few days but you never know with brain surgery.

I have water on the brain and this is the latest installment of my many trips in to get an overhaul.

This will be my 27th operation in my 30 year life and this one is so that they can try and work out what causes my heacahes wether it be low or high pressure.

I'm hoping that they find the problem and they can then go in and remove the valve and hopefully fit me with one that will last me until I am old and grey.

Oh well better go and get my bags packed for the next fews days.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Best wishes for a successful op and diagnosis

David

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Please accept from me the very best of luck for the next few days. I sincerely hope you will be back amongst us and enjoying the hobby as soon as you can be!

·
Registered
436 Posts
27 ops. That's tough. All the best and come back here as soon as you can!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I´m sure everything will turn out ok.

Get well soon.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
We sometimes forget the human side of railway modelling.

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Yes, I agree with all the other posters - hope to see you back here on the forum well soon.

Ron

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hope all goes well - we're rooting for you.

Regards

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HI guys and thanks for the messages of support.

I am back home now after having the icp bolt fitted and the readings have been taken from the computer.

They are going to take a look at the report and they have let me home for the weekend and they are going recontact me on Monday and let me know what the next step is going to be which hopefully will be to replace the valve in my head as I am still having headaches.

I must admit without getting too graphic when they took the bolt out today it was a threaded bolt which was connected to a laptop.

When they removed the bolt it felt like the doctor was removing my bleedin head but I am ok.

If eveything goes ok I should be in and out within 3 weeks and I will keep you guys updated.

On a positive note I have written down my christmas list which is the Dutch 73 from Hattons and a couple of Lenz mini silver chips to go into my locos.

We will have to see what Santa brings.

I hope it also brings good health as well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's great mate!
Keep up with the courage and I'm sure get what your heart desires!
Les

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Our prayers are with you.

Baykal

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well a further update for you all.

my surgeon came round yesterday and said he was going to pencil me in for surgery for wednesday to remove the old valve (only 3yrs old mind you) and see why it seems to have an intermittant fault and maybe replace it with a programable valve to see if that sorts the problem out.

im just wondering if it will be nmra compatible or not. lol.

anywho i will let you all know when i have come back and how it is going.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 11 Dec 2007, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im just wondering if it will be nmra compatible or not. lol.

It won't be if he "selects" the wrong one!

Regards

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well can I first thank everyone who has messaged me with support whilst i was in hospital.

I have just been released and I am ok apart from being a little bruised and sore.

Hopefully that was the last time I will need to go into hospital for an operation touch wood.

But all your comments were muchly appretiated.

A big thankyou to you all.

And have a merry christmas to you all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts