Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
There are clear signs that ViTrains are pumping out 37 varients faster than the market can stand, and that prices are being marked down to try to shift the things. There is more to the railway , after all, than cl 37 , and there is an alternative ,and superior, model out there. Added to which the market hasn't exactly been starved of 37s with decent drive in the past - there have been two previous Bachmann 37s which have been available for 6-7 years.

I would also question the long term viablity of Vi-Trains UK venture if they continue to pump out products that simply duplicate existing high spec models from other manufacturers . Bachmann have a 37/0 varient coming next year so what's Vi-Trains second loco - a 37/0. There are only so many people who want to buy a 37, and I think most already have one

One area where the RailRoad range may have a significant impact is on secondhand prices. When Hornby are selling new wagons at the equivalent of £3 each , can the current market price for second hand wagons of £4-50 really be sustainable? At present second hand wagons are really too expensive for detailing conversion projects

As for traction tyres, I'd really rather not have them on the DMUs , where haulage is not an issue. For most of us reliable slow speed running over pointwork is a much more pressing issue than whether it can haul 8, 10, 12, or 14 coaches, and traction tyres definitely make stalling much more likely. And if you want a 66 , buy a Bachmann one

1 - 1 of 1 Posts