Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to their website, the new Graham Farish Stanier coaches will have "a new NEM Slim line close coupling system" but doesn't say anything about them.

Which is why I've joined this site. I have an idea what they are like from another thread about an 00 gauge equivalent (presumably)

Does this mean that they cant be hauled by a loco with the old-style couplers?

Very confusing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (jjb @ 18 Apr 2008, 17:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>According to their website, the new Graham Farish Stanier coaches will have "a new NEM Slim line close coupling system" but doesn't say anything about them.

Which is why I've joined this site. I have an idea what they are like from another thread about an 00 gauge equivalent (presumably)

Does this mean that they cant be hauled by a loco with the old-style couplers?

Very confusing.

it shouldnt be a problem as nem is a stndard so it shouldnt be diffrent and should be ok

·
is asleep
758 Posts
What I believe Dapol mean is that they have improved the design of the mechanism that extends the NEM coupling socket outwards on curves to allow close coupling, and they haven't changed the coupling or coupling socket itself. Their first mechanism was a tad bulky, I'm sure they've found ways to improve it - all they needed to do was open up a Roco, Minitrix, Fleischmann or Arnold coach to see how the Europeans have been doing it for years!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts