Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I popped over to the GCR this morning as I heard there is a rare visitor on shed for an overhaul and some running when that is complete.
Here's some pics I took over there

No service trains running today so alot of stock was at Loughborough Central including this Observation coach at the bottom of the staires,

The visitor I went over to have a look at before they start taking her to bits, Fairburn class 4 tank 42085 partially under the bridge so couldn't get a great shot

70013 now fully lined out with a gentle warming fire in the firebox getting ready for tomorrows running

48305 with pistons out and some big motion parts removed

Some large sections of metal gas axed out of 48305's tender

A sorry sight for Bulleid lovers but at least some work now seems to be happening on Boscastle

Some kind soul left some steps beside 47406 so I used them to get some shots of her guts, not something you see of an inside motion loco very often

Tanks now fitted to N class 69523, who's going to be out shopped in GNR livery from the looks of things

Lastly some shots of one of my favourite locos, 78019 doing driver experience running today

Andii

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey it won't be long before you will be able to get some pictures of Tornado down there when it leaves Darlington to do its tests down on the GCR. I believe it is sometime this month it is due to go down there.

But the shots you have taken are brilliant shots as well.

Just out of curiosity the coaches in the first picture are they the ews liveried ones they have been using on the great central trains service when the hst's break down or is i just coincidence that they seem to be in the same livery?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would say it is coincidence, as I think Grand Central are still using the EWS Mk2 coaches for shuttle services beyond York with class 57/3s, well that and the ones in the picture look like MK1 coaches.

They are good pics.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 5 Jul 2008, 05:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey it won't be long before you will be able to get some pictures of Tornado down there when it leaves Darlington to do its tests down on the GCR. I believe it is sometime this month it is due to go down there.

But the shots you have taken are brilliant shots as well.

Just out of curiosity the coaches in the first picture are they the ews liveried ones they have been using on the great central trains service when the hst's break down or is i just coincidence that they seem to be in the same livery?

It's coincidence mate, the rest of the coaches in the platform are carmine and cream with a green one thrown in for good measure at the other end. If you look carefully at the left hand side of the second picture (it's the same coach) you can see the British Railways coach crest on the lower side of the coach side. Also GCR don't have a mainline conection, every visitor is brought in on the back of a lorry, not very practicle for an emergency relief train.

Thanks for the comments guys

Andii

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,
I heard that Lord Nelson was at the GCR for high speed running so I had to go and have a look.
Here's LN and some of the other residents

4141 basks in the sunshine

63601 in gentle steam

Bits are starting to come off the Faiburn

Strange place to keep a brush

The N2 out in the sun

Teddy's driving an 8F

More evidence of work on Boscastle

The Gap

The view towards Leicester on the canal

And the other way

And for the diesel fans

Hopr you enjoyed them

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 29 Jul 2008, 18:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a sad railcar - and always one of my favourite railway oddities.

Of course it's always nice to see pix of Nellie as well.

Thanks for posting them .

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.