Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Does anyone out there in the 'ether' have a scale drawing of the Green Lane gantry signal box at Tyne Dock please? I want to model this in 4mm scale and have scoured many places for a scale drawing but to no avail. Thanks

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

Plans of specific signal boxes are few and far between. But here's a couple of places you might try for at least some information:
www.signalbox.org has many photographs of signalboxes and information on the track plans relating to them.
Also plenty of links to other sites with information on boxes.
I think there may be a North-Eastern modelling group lurking somewhere - try ukmodelshops.co.uk and look at their club/society listings.
If you can get a picture of the box you may be able to do some scaling off it to draw your own plans.

By the way, you may get a better result on asking about prototype buildings and other items by posting a question in the 'Prototype' section of the Forum which you'll find down a few entries further down the Index from this '00 Scale' section.

We also have a 'Signalling' sub-forum under the 'Tracks, Layouts & Scenery' section which is just below the 'Prototype' section. But this sub-forum tends to be more about types of signals, modelling them and their siting than about signal boxes.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello John. Thanks for the response. I had a look at the links and unfortunately no Green Lane. I will try the prototype forum and see if I have any luck there. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I've a feeling there was something in 'Railway Modeller' a couple of years ago on a gantry signal box. I'll try and chase it up shortly, soon as I can get to my files (ie the stack of back numbers on the loft floor!)

Regards,
John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello John. Thanks for the trouble. That would be really helpful. I am a member of NERA (North Eastern Railway Association) and e-mailed their archive yonks ago but only had a response through MS Outlook that the e-mail had been read. Nothing more. Still; there you are!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts