Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I`d finally get round to registering on this forum and have a look round. I`ve been in and out of the hobby for a good number of years, and am currently undertaking a rather over ambitous project (as some of you may know.) This is resulting in me pulling hair out, but I`ve still got plenty, and hopefully plenty of time ledt to to actually get my current layout completed. Anyway, I`ll shut up now, and have a browse!

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (Rugby Parkway @ 25 Mar 2008, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought I`d finally get round to registering on this forum and have a look round. I`ve been in and out of the hobby for a good number of years, and am currently undertaking a rather over ambitous project (as some of you may know.) This is resulting in me pulling hair out, but I`ve still got plenty, and hopefully plenty of time ledt to to actually get my current layout completed. Anyway, I`ll shut up now, and have a browse!

Hi there Rugby Parkway..Welcom..ive only been here a little while myself..a newbie to model railways so looking forward to viewing details of your project...cheers...Bryan from Somerset

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the MRF. You'll find us all a very friendly bunch who are always happy offer help and to share their experiences (good and bad).

How about telling us a little more about your layout or even a pic or 2.

See you around,

Expat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes so far.

I suppose I should have introduced my current layout project. I`ll do that briefly..........

My current and fifth layout is surprisingly called Rugby Parkway. It is ficticious, but based around Rugby on the WCML.
It has a continuous 4 track mainline, features 2 stations, Rugby Parkway and a run-down St.Johns. The layout also features a locomotive maintenance depot, and a 47 road fiddle yard which operates on 2 different levels.

The main period modelled is generally late 80`s / early 90`s, but I also model more recent trains, particularly AC electrics.

There should be a link to my web-page somewhere within my profile, but this site is currently undergoing some major changes, but most major updates are chronicled with my Workbench section.............

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE My current and fifth layout is surprisingly called Rugby Parkway. It is ficticious, but based around Rugby on the WCML.

Rumour has it that the WCML version of Rugby is also ficticious during holiday periods and sometimes longer

Welcome to the Forum.

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi again,

Very impressive web site and that is some layout. I presume the drawing is on a 1ft grid which makes it 30ft x 12 ft. That's BIIIIIG. You did say it was ambitious and it certainly humbles my 3m x 3.5m N Gauge. Look forward to seeing more pics on your web site when you have finished the upgrade.

Regards,

Expat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Expat @ 26 Mar 2008, 19:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi again,

Very impressive web site and that is some layout. I presume the drawing is on a 1ft grid which makes it 30ft x 12 ft. That's BIIIIIG. You did say it was ambitious and it certainly humbles my 3m x 3.5m N Gauge. Look forward to seeing more pics on your web site when you have finished the upgrade.

Regards,

Expat

Yes, that dreadful map is indeed a 1ft grid. Most of the current web-site will be deleted soon, isome sections have alrady gone. It`s all very messy and disjointed at the moment, but hopefully the revamp will make it a more interesting and informative site, once it`s completed that is. As for completion of the actual layout.....................

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Not much I can add...

enjoy!

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts