Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Peter and I live in Australia, I am 52 years of age and have just recently caught the model railway bug, having had a OO and a TT set when I was young. I am in the process of acquiring all the components that I will need to build my own layout and am joining the local Model railway Club. My weekdays are spent at University studying Information Technology, my interest being mainly in the web although friends do constantly call on me to fix/upgrade their machines. I am a boilermaker by trade, hence my nickname, my apprenticeship being done with the Victorian Railways back in the late 1960's so you could say that trains are in my blood (I have other relatives who also worked for the Victorian Railways.). Well that's all for now, I look forward to posting more in the near future.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Hi Peter, you've come to the right place for your hobby interests.

There are a few other guys from Australia here too. I'm sure you'll bump into them sooner or later.

Please share some of your railway experiences sometime.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.
Hope you'll find the forum enjoyable and helpful. As with a few of our other Aussie members, I hope we'll hear regularly from you. Let us know what gauge, scale and prototype you will be using and above all enjoy yourself. Best of luck.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Peter. Welcome! I live on the Gold Coast and am a member of the local club. If you are ever up here call and say hi. (That applies to anyone else too) I wonder if there are any Kiwis here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts