Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up yesterday and goofed on first post.So I am getting used to navigating about on this "new to me" forum.

I was born in London and brought up in Sheringham,Norfolk.Then emigrated to Canada.

I model UK 00 and European and Japanese HO.

I am dabbling in London Transport and have just completed a tube station.I use reed switches and blue lamps to give the blue flashes using on board magnets.
Happy memories of Rayners Lane visiting cousin there as a child and watching the blue flashes in bed at night of the Picadilly line.
Have build several of Harrow Model kits.
I have motorized the EFE 1938 stock,peopled and interior lighted each car and have direction lights using leds and fibre optics on the drivers cars.

I dabble in SR,LNER,GWR,LMS.

I like the German ERA 2 period since getting a book locally regarding the 1935 100 years DRG celebrations.Have since found DVD's from Amazon.de regarding this period.
I can play PAL DVD's ok with a $C 69 multi format DVD player.
My latest aquision being the Rivarossi Henschel-Wegmann Zug kindly found for me by a friend in Berlin.I have had the "hots" for this model for years.

I am also interested in Japanese Railways.From Steam to the Nozomi 500 my favourite.Hence my name "Nozomi" which means "Hope".

Over the years I have found thanks to eBay many unusual items like Exley,Hamblings,Graham Farish 00 rolling stock and white metal items from various UK makers.

I just like the Worlds railways and like the variety.
The passengers on the layout standing on Rayners Lane station are somewhat shocked when the Nozomi 500 or the Henschl-Wegmann sail by.They are getting used to the variety now!

I think I've over done my intro.I tend to ramble on a bit.

Best wishes to all and it will take me some time to read all the usefull information that folks have left.

Bryan

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bryan from another (albeit the more common spelling) Brian.

Interesting mix of interests there - be nice to see some pic's of the UG models.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Hi Bryan,

welcome to the forum. I also live in Victoria, in Australia though. Nice mix of interests there. I didn't know Rivarossi did a Henschel Wegman train. I have one too but the Trix version. Look forward to seeing a picture of the HW going through Rayners Lane!

·
Registered
68 Posts
HI Bryan,

From yet another Brian in sunny Thailand.

Love your city... I have friends there and on my last visit purchased a CP N scale diesel and some rolling stock from Victoria Scale Rail... spent a long time chatting to one of the guys there called Terry who seems to know everything about CP.

Like you I like the variety of railways around the world. At the moment I am focusing on my first layout which is UK 00 late 1950's, but hopefully I want to do an N scale scene along the Fraser River... went by road up there (met a couple of Grizzlies too) and took a lot of photos... great scenery. Eventually I want to build a Thai model railway, but that is a distant dream at present.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Brian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Bryan

Phew what an assortment - Ilook forwards to seeing some pics.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

John

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 3 Apr 2007, 17:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome to the forum Bryan from another (albeit the more common spelling) Brian.

Interesting mix of interests there - be nice to see some pic's of the UG models.
Thanks Brian.There are alot of us about.
Will spring into photo action one othese days.
How does one upload pics?
Cheers Bryan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 3 Apr 2007, 22:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Bryan,

welcome to the forum. I also live in Victoria, in Australia though. Nice mix of interests there. I didn't know Rivarossi did a Henschel Wegman train. I have one too but the Trix version. Look forward to seeing a picture of the HW going through Rayners Lane!

G'dday Neil,fellow Victorian!
Had an auntie in Biloela,Queensland.
Lots of nice welcomes.Thanks.
As I mentioned to Brian will get my camera going.
I saw your gallery and the DRG pics and the Trix H-W Zug.I have a book devoted to HW "Die Baureihe 61 und der Henschel-Wegmann-Zug" by Alfred B.Gottwaldt 1979 publisher Franckhs Eisenbahnbibliothek.From eBay,they show up now and again.
Rivarossi made a set and so did Lima.The Lima set was not as nice as the Rivarossi and I think the Trix/Marklin might be better than the Rivarossi but I have never seen one to compare.They were all very expensive originally.Quite a few show up on eBay.de.
Speaking of your gallery.Can one start one and how does one do it or even how do you upload pics?? Can't seem to find any way to do it.
Still finding my way arrount the Forum.
Cheers,Bryan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Bigdog @ 4 Apr 2007, 05:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HI Bryan,

From yet another Brian in sunny Thailand.

Love your city... I have friends there and on my last visit purchased a CP N scale diesel and some rolling stock from Victoria Scale Rail... spent a long time chatting to one of the guys there called Terry who seems to know everything about CP.

Like you I like the variety of railways around the world. At the moment I am focusing on my first layout which is UK 00 late 1950's, but hopefully I want to do an N scale scene along the Fraser River... went by road up there (met a couple of Grizzlies too) and took a lot of photos... great scenery. Eventually I want to build a Thai model railway, but that is a distant dream at present.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Brian

Hello Brian,another one?Thanks for your welcome.
Allways wanted to go to Thailand but only made it to Japan several times.
Small world eh! I know Terry of VSC of course.Terry likes to chat I know and he is a wealth of information.He has had some eye trouble lately and has had to have operations.Last I heard he was on the mend.Eyes are what we model railwayers rely on.I am afraid N scale would be too small for me and my eyes!!
Victoria and the Island are fine for me but it has been chilly lately everything is late this year re the gardens.

Cheers,Bryan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 4 Apr 2007, 08:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Bryan

Phew what an assortment - Ilook forwards to seeing some pics.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

John
Thanks for your welcome John,
Variety as they say is the spice of life.There is so much neat stuff out there so I am loath to tie myself down.
I forgot to mention I have some SNCF items too from Rivarossi CIWL and Nord loco used from Calais to Paris.Nice models.
I have to find out about how to upload pics that is after i manage to take them.
Cheers,Bryan.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Nozomi @ 5 Apr 2007, 03:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>G'dday Neil,fellow Victorian!
Had an auntie in Biloela,Queensland.
Lots of nice welcomes.Thanks.
As I mentioned to Brian will get my camera going.
I saw your gallery and the DRG pics and the Trix H-W Zug.I have a book devoted to HW "Die Baureihe 61 und der Henschel-Wegmann-Zug" by Alfred B.Gottwaldt 1979 publisher Franckhs Eisenbahnbibliothek.From eBay,they show up now and again.
Rivarossi made a set and so did Lima.The Lima set was not as nice as the Rivarossi and I think the Trix/Marklin might be better than the Rivarossi but I have never seen one to compare.They were all very expensive originally.Quite a few show up on eBay.de.
Speaking of your gallery.Can one start one and how does one do it or even how do you upload pics?? Can't seem to find any way to do it.
Still finding my way arrount the Forum.
Cheers,Bryan.
Hi Bryan,

to start a gallery you have to join the Plus Member thing. This costs a minimal amount 10-15 euros can't remember now and then you have a certain amount of space to upload pictures. There is a link on the portal to more information on this. The book you mentioned sounds good, I'll have to look out for it.

There is a review of the Trix Henschel Wegman train in the reviews section along with some others you may find interesting.

Good to have you onboard.

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE (Nozomi @ 5 Apr 2007, 01:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Small world eh! I know Terry of VSC of course.Terry likes to chat I know and he is a wealth of information.He has had some eye trouble lately and has had to have operations.Last I heard he was on the mend.

Trust Terry gets better soon.

Another way to display your photos would be by starting a blog.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts