Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having only just joined today I am new to all of this so please bear with me.

I have been scouring the web without success so am turning to MRF for help.

Does anyone know where I can obtain some N Gauge GWR Brake Vans (I think they are called Toads). Either kit or RTR are acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Trevor

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Trevor,

You're right they are called Toads, and I think that Peco still make them. Hope this helps.

Reagrds

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 28 Jan 2008, 17:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Trevor,

You're right they are called Toads, and I think that Peco still make them. Hope this helps.

Reagrds

Hi BRITHO,

I have been right through the Peco N Gauge wagons list but can't seem to find one. Are you perhaps thinking of 00.

Thanks for the help anyway. I will try Peco Technical Department and see if they can throw some light on this.

Regards,

Trevor aka Expat.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Thinking about this again I used to have a Graham Farish one.

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 28 Jan 2008, 22:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks poliss. Time to get the credit card out me thinks.

Cheers,

Expat.

Ok I have put a bid in for one. The other was O Gauge which would not look good behind a rake of N Gauge coal wagons.

If anyone else spots one I would be grateful for the heads up.

Regards,

Expat

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 28 Jan 2008, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok I have put a bid in for one. The other was O Gauge which would not look good behind a rake of N Gauge coal wagons.

If anyone else spots one I would be grateful for the heads up.

Regards,

Expat

expat

Here is one i found on ebay with time to bid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...56559%26fvi%3D1

good luck in your hunt you could try the N gauge society as well, no doubt they have had a kit or stock at one time.

upnick

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (John Webb @ 29 Jan 2008, 15:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Hatton's Winter/Spring Catalogue 2008 which came with the February edition of BRM lists a BR version of the Toad (Graham Farish part number 373-328) at £6 www.hattons.co.uk.

Regards,
John Webb

Thanks John,

I picked up on this one already but it is BR Bauxite and will need a respray and new GWR transfers. One to think about anyway.

Cheers,

Trevor aka Expat.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Expat @ 29 Jan 2008, 18:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks John,

I picked up on this one already but it is BR Bauxite and will need a respray and new GWR transfers. One to think about anyway.

Cheers,

Trevor aka Expat.

Hi everyone,

I have just been looking at the Graham Farish web site and, lo-and-behold, they plan to release an N Gauge GWR Toad this year. They are also releasing 2 Halls (1 GWR & 1 BR Green) which will be a most welcome addition to my stud. All I need then are a couple of Manors - Graham Farish please note !!!

I guess I will just have to be patient a little longer.

Thanks to everyone who has had an input into this and good luck with your modelling.

Regards,

Trevor aka Expat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts