Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
My advice for expanding your trainset would be to forget ebay. Yes there are bargins to be had, I've had a few myself, but on the whole ebay is a better place to sell model railway items than it is to buy them. Get a copy of one of the model railway magazines and find the listings for swapmeets, find one near you and get along to it. The advantages of going to these are many, most stall holders have all their stock priced so you don't have to hope that you're willing to pay that bit more than anybody else, you can haggle with the vendor so you can usually get a bit of a discount on the price he/she has on the item you want and if you take along a coach from your set you can colour match it so you don't end up with a "two tone" train. Just make sure you come along with a large wad, 'cause at swapmeets it is very easy to go home with something you didn't even know you wanted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.