Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hornby and Lima both produced models to represent the Australian InterCity XPT. However they used their British Inter-City 125 HST toolings so obviously these weren't serious models.
I seem to remember seeing somewhere a kit for an H0 scale model which would properly represent the Australian XPT. I think it was Hanovale Castings.
Has anyone seen one built or have one?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Driver Sam, You are correct Hanovale Castings did or still do make a model of a NSW XPT. This is a resin kit so it's extra work to get it all together. I did see one running on a layout at Newcastle a couple of years ago. As my interest lies elesewhere I didn't question the owner as to his construction technique.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (DriverSam @ 9 Jul 2007, 07:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hornby and Lima both produced models to represent the Australian InterCity XPT. However they used their British Inter-City 125 HST toolings so obviously these weren't serious models.
I seem to remember seeing somewhere a kit for an H0 scale model which would properly represent the Australian XPT. I think it was Hanovale Castings.
Has anyone seen one built or have one?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts