Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post so be gentle with me, I have a Hammant & Morgan Powermaster controller with the 7 switches and full /half switch, which my parents gave me around 1960 as a christmas present to control a Hornby Dublo 8f. I was using it till about a week ago, when it decided to go bang and lots of smoke. I got my electrician to check it out and he advised the capacitor had blown.
The question is would any of you knowlegable people know where I can get a replacement from. I am looking at buying a Morley 4 way controller as a replacement but it is the sentimental side reason I want to repair it.

The details on the capacitor are as follows
TCC
0.1uf
750vdc
type743
Its about 45mm log x 15mm diameter with 1 black & 2 red circles to r/h side of the details, also its a light brown colour
I am also informed it is a type X capacitor what ever this means.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys, I am going to buy the Morley controller when everything opens up after easter.

34C, I have spent a bit of time searching for wiring diagrams, but I have not found anything for the Powermaster, can anyone point me in the right direction.

dwb, The controller is still at the electricians waiting for parts.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.