Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased (fairly cheaply) a job lot of hand made points. All guaranteed to work!
Alas a number of them were slightly damaged at the tie bar. I have had no experience at all in making track, let alone points. Would anyone have any idea from where the materials (copper clad pcb) and the know how could be obtained

·
Registered
303 Posts
Chris,

Copperclad sleepering can be bought from Marcway Models and Hobbies at Sheffield. Marcway

As an alternatie to rigid copperclad tie bars, you may prefer to use some Scaleway purpose built fibreglass tie bars which are supplied by SMP. I suggest that you ask Marcway if they have them.

If you have bought points with live frogs, you will need some way of reversing the polarity of the frog as the point is changed. This can be acheived by means of contacts on the point motor, or a microswitch, or contacts on the special Scaleway tiebars.

Building points with copperclad sleepers is quite rewarding: you can design your pointwork, provided that you do not make the curves too tight.

Colombo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts