Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would get this one in early due to our antipodean friends!

But thank you to every memeber of the Forum for good advice and interesting threads.

Best Wishes for 2009,

Happy modelling,

Clive

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A happy New Year to you Clive from the northern tip of NZ. Just to make you envious the mercury rose to 29 degrees centigrade today (New Years Eve). Too hot for modelling , so had a good days work in the garden .!!!!!
And of course a Happy New Year to all forum members and especially, have a very good years modelling.
Best wishes Tony ( C.M.E Goon Valley Railway)

·
Registered
146 Posts
A Happy New Year from Germany to you Clive and all forum members.
The count down is running - Only ten hours and 15 minutes to go now.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
A Happy New Year to one and all.

QUOTE Just to make you envious the mercury rose
The mercury around here appears to have solidified - just higher than 1 or 2 degrees C if we're lucky.

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
And a Happy New Year to One and All from sunny Dubai. Current Temp. 25ºC but set to fall to 17º by midnight.

Unfortunately ALL NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS HERE HAVE BEEN CANCELLED BY ORDER OF THE RULER OF DUBAI as a show of sympathy with the people of Gaza.

I shall refrain from any personal comment about that but most of the expat population here, not to mention the thousands of tourists, are pretty p****d off about it.

My wife and I were going to a 'Street Party' but will now probably just stay at home and have a few drinks with friends.

Great start to 2009 !!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If it's any comfort I think we've had our New Year's Celebration cancelled twice here in Brussels due to "possible terrorist threats"
, might as well cancel New Year's forever since it's going to always be a possible target!

Anywho, Happy New Year 2009 for Asia.

Still got half a day to go before Western Europe rings it in!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
After rolling in the door, a happy new year to everyone

It is 12.53 so the australians still have wait another hour.

Time for bed and sleep!

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 31 Dec 2008, 15:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not fun any more...

Tell me about it !!!

David and Posh (here with the AC Milan team) will probably have a 'Private do' but I haven't received my invitation yet so I will not be paying good money to go and watch them next week.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
With just eleven hours to go before 2008 dips ignominiously below the horizon, I would firstly say happy new year to our Aussie friends (I believe it's midnight now in some parts) and extend that good wish to other forum members as their time zones slide into next year.

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Happy New Year to all on the MRF. I think that, on the whole, this has been a good year for railway modelling and in particular the MRF with so many new members. I look forward to seeing everyones progress during 2009.

It's now 2:50 a.m. in Dubai and I am heading for my pit.

Expat OUT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts