Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the Hornby R1057 The Royal Train and i was tempted to buy it but as its a newish thing from Hornby so can anyone tell me if it has a DCC socket or is it DCC ready etc please?

I belive its loco driven and not tender but it makes no mention if it has a DCC socket. So, if anyone can be kind and shed some light on it, please say so.

thank you

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 17 May 2007, 00:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Kodiak. Looking at this service sheet it would suggest not in relation to the DCC socket but it may pay to check with Hornby to be on the safe side.
http://static.hornby.com/files/ss-251c-226.pdf
It does however have the 5-pole can motor in the loco.

5 pole motor?

sorry but that means nothing to me.

i will ask hornby then about the DCC.

thank you

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (thetriangman @ 19 May 2007, 12:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's not a ringfield, don't forget to buy a spare motor or two as Hornby now uses cheap throw away can motors that you can't service. Once the motor brushes are worn out that's it, you throw the motor away and buy a new one. If you buying a new loco now with a throw away motor then get that spare motor, as Hornby's spares supply is sporadic at the best of times and spares for anything over a year old can be a real pain.

Well i bought it today for £89.99.

thank you oz for your info.

triangman, you say to buy some spare motors. Are they that crap that you have to keep replacing them????

If so, where do you buy them, hornby themselves????

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 20 May 2007, 20:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Duchess of Sutherland was also used in 2005 to transport Charles and Camila to Balmoral in Scotland for their Honeymoon and it ran over the S&C.

Alistair

Really? wow, i will try and find some photo's of that.

Wonder why Princess Elizabeth never got a crown like Duchess of Sutherland did?
They both hauled the Queen in 2002 !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.