Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a member of the LCS, but have not received their quarterly magazine since the Summer. It said in the July issue that subscriptions were due in the Autumn (with the next issue), but I never received another magazine and have not heard anything. I notice their website has been removed from the internet (presumably because the contract was not renewed). I have left emails with the committee members but have had no reply. Does anyone know what happened to the Lima Collectors Society??

If it has folded then it is a real shame. Even though Lima went into liquidation, there was still plenty to discuss and enthuse over, particularly this year as Hornby are introducing half of Lima's catalogue to its 2006 schedule.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be grateful.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Education as well as model railways, what more could one ask from any forum?
Good job I have a dictionary sat at the bottom of my screen. Trouble is by tomorrow morning I will have forgotten what the words mean. Ah well, back to my train timetable.

Dadaism....A nihilistic art movement (especially in painting) that flourished in Europe early in the 20th century; based on irrationality and negation of the accepted laws of beauty.

Nihilism...1.A revolutionary doctrine that advocates destruction of the social system for its own sake
2. The delusion that things (or everything, including the self) do not exist; a sense that everything is unreal
3. Complete denial of all established authority and institutions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Getting back to the subject of this thread, I have finally located their website.
It has been moved to

http://www.limacollection.org.uk/

however it was last updated on 12 August, so I'm not convinced that the LCS is alive and kicking. August was the last I heard anything from them, so I'm not sure if it is worth notifying other websites such as the Train Collectors Society that their link is now defunct!

·
Registered
763 Posts
You could always try emailing one of the addresses given in the contact us section.
A lot of sites get neglected it doesn't mean they have jacked it in though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is an update on the website !!!!!!

LATEST NEWS

26 February 2006

"After a six month gap, we are pleased to announce that MODELIMAGE is back. Issue 66 has been posted to members today.......... "

Think this means the thread can be closed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (Bufflers Halt @ 27 Mar 2006, 17:42)Like Hornby do Lima have service sheets?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,but not every model was covered,and of course, many of the parts are now unobtainable,but nevertheless you can get a book of Lima service sheets from East Kent Models,Tel.01227 770777.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do any of you lima fans know where i can get info on lima track and ref nos for different items ie. 1st second third radi curves etc so i can match equivilents to my peco hornby. many thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts