Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I take it you are talking about OO gauge, in which case I can help. As usual Hornby A3 and A4 models have good track manners, I dod not over use these and as such I have not had much bother with any of them, I had quite a number from my father and bought others as well, the later A4's seem to be well modelled and well presented such as Sparrowhawk which came with sound (although I never use it) as I have 8 circuits and about 380 locos to get a slot on the railway takes loco charm and more recent models such as the A2/2 have been getting a good run.

I think they are not for tiny model railways although being Hornby they'll take R2 upwards, so very little bother whilst I am wearing out the black 5's, B1's and other mixed traffic types, but either can be a nice deal and you could probably get a good secondhand one from Hattons whilst some other models are simply not to be found secondhand.

I cannot find a photo of an A4 or A3 so they are still on Photobucket I left when they started charging but here is the A2/2 which is good despite the extreme length however the front bogie proved too sensitive for my track and I later swapped the wheels out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts