Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Goedel,

The layout looks great and you certainly have plenty of hidden storage! I guess this is the loft/attic so I think a key question is how easy is it to reach all of your track? If you can comfortably get at all of it, especially the hidden stuff, then great but do you actually need all that hidden track?

If you had your storage focused across the bottom and then reducing once you have turned up the right hand end you would still have loads of storage but would save a packet on track and wiring (and time). Just a thought...

It will be quite a challenge to build I suspect especially if this is a solo project and one for spare time.

I admire your ambition - it has the makings of something quite spectacular

Have a great
and

Mfg

Geoff

PS Any update on the Dostos?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Goedel,

It looks great and much more manageable than the previous layout. However, I have a nagging suspicion that the interface between your complex Hauptbahnhof and how you get to the hidden storage is too limited or a very long route. It also appears that one of your main lines out of the Hbf just stops (upper of the two green tracks exiting to the right) which will be very restricting. You might want to split the hidden storage so that it isn't just in and out on the upper "paradestrecke".

You may have looked at this in detail and be entirely happy but I also know from when I was planning you sometimes can't see the wood for the trees as you get transfixed on fitting things in. I might be wrong but worth a look just to be sure it is what you intend.

Cheers

Geoff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.