Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some Hornby track packs yesterday from ontracks.

The same items have gone up 5£ ( five pounds ) over night !!

I ordered 3 track packs, so that would have cost me 15 £ more had I ordered it today !!

Ontracks - WHAT ARE YOU DOING ??

How can you justify that ??

·
Registered
375 Posts
A happy New Year to you far-lands.
I don't know but is it possible that the items you mention were previously heavily discounted until the end of the year? Perhaps Hornby have jacked up their prices to the retailer. It might be worth checking prices on other retailers sites for the same items, especially if you intend buying more packs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This prices are the same as some over shops and they haven't gone up at all and the prices on ontracks website look right for the hornby track packs except track packs A and B should £11.00 and there not on ontracks site,maybe ontracks had them on a discount over the christmas period and now have gone back to normal price.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I see what you mean now i thought you meant standard hornby track packs not the thomas ones maybe they had them on discount and now they put them back up to the normal price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's 2nd of January, and I couldn't resist checking the prices on the website> It's unbelievable !!!

Thomas Trackpack B or No. 2 - Both numbered R9076 on the website.

Regular Hornby list: 15,17 £
Special offers list: 11,72 £
Hornby 2006 Range: 14,92 £

Now where is the logic? Some customers that don't scan the website for the best prices will be paying nearly 40% more for the same product. How can you explain that ?
Or will the customer automatically get the lowest price ??
Very confusing Ontracks. I'm not complaining, as I did get a good deal, but why do you have 3 prices for the same item ??

far-lands ( still deciding on how to spend his saved 20£ )

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Ontracks seem to have a dedicated special offer section and it seems that only if you search this section do you get the special offer price.

This has probably led to some confusion over the price increases quoted here.

A lot of online stockists do have similar arrangements as it permits offers to be modified frequently and easily without affecting the core data. Regular customers no doubt become familiar with the practice.

The advice is to look for and search the special offer section first of all online stores!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
That is exactly how "special offer" sections work. The price displayed and held on the website is imported into the accounts package and therefore customers pay the price they see - this may indeed be lower than the main listing and is a LOT lower than the RRP!

As Gary suggested, it is always worth checking these offer sites out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah but, No but, yeah but, 3 prices for the same product on the same website is silly.
I can live with the fact tat it is easier to have 2 price lists for "normal" and "special offer", but why 3 ??

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Mmmmm.... I suspect the regular list and the 2006 range list should be the same but preparing and loading masses of data for live release at midnight on 01.01.06 must take a bit of work! I expect these errors will be ironed out once the office staff are back at work and have had a chance to check everything. I don't think Ontracks would ever deliberately want to upset its customers and was trying to offer them the quickest service possible.... Ah well! C'est la vie!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't understand three price lists, but the items must have come to Germany via Concorde - oh, she doesn't fly any more... But delivery was fast !!
The items were perfectly packed, and not a mark on them.

Ontracks, you have definately gained another customer !!
Good one. Keep up the good work ( maybe 2 pricelists instead of 3
)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts