Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed a few hours work making a curved platform. It was designed to fit a site where it starts with a very gentle curve and then the radius of the curve progressively decreases. I started by carefully making a template for the curve and from this built it. It fits perfectly at the side of the track in the intended location but UPSIDE DOWN !!!

Have you ever made a stupid mistake like this?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Have you ever made a stupid mistake like this?

In all probability - yes
, but you will make the replacement in less time than it took to make the first one. I console myself with the thought that it is only by making mistakes that I truly understand a process or concept.

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Robert Stokes @ 5 Apr 2008, 15:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you ever made a stupid mistake like this?

Yes - usually when not taking enough time.

An "old school" builder told me "measure twice, cut once" - very true !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Robert Stokes @ 5 Apr 2008, 14:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you ever made a stupid mistake like this?

Yes - most expensively with carpet tiles (ouch!) and more than once with sections of roadway.

QUOTE (Doug @ 5 Apr 2008, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Take head, take wall, bang the two together for a bit - it will feel much better when you stop.

A footnote to the above - ensure it is a solid wall - doing it to lathe and plaster merely results in having to replaster and redecorate the wall!

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts