Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

HELJAN are pleased to announce the inclusion of the Brush/Hawker Siddeley prototype diesel 'KESTREL' to their UK 'OO' program.

Following the success of 'Falcon', the company is working on an 00 scale model of the Brush/Hawker Siddeley prototype diesel 'Kestrel'. It will again be a limited edition and will be ready for release in 2009. The price of the model is £110 and orders are being taken now.

[Heljan]

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 1 Apr 2008, 14:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELJAN are pleased to announce the inclusion of the Brush/Hawker Siddeley prototype diesel 'KESTREL' to their UK 'OO' program.

Following the success of 'Falcon', the company is working on an 00 scale model of the Brush/Hawker Siddeley prototype diesel 'Kestrel'. It will again be a limited edition and will be ready for release in 2009. The price of the model is £110 and orders are being taken now.

[Heljan]

Heljan's future production of the "Kestrel" 00 diesel locomotive is certainly impressive. This model retail price however is beyond my financial means, though no doubt other modelers will be able to pay the price set by Heljan. Like most hobbies, costs will determine numbers of buyers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I at first thought this was an April Fool. However it seems to be for real with Heljan also announcing a class 15 and a class 20 in "O". Or have I really been duped?

Has the world gone mad?

Russell

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm....well the Kestral announcement is still on the Heljan website, dated 31/03/08. I cant see any mention of the Class 15 or O gauge Class 20 though.

Come on guys, its well past midday now!

Ashley

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Is £110 not unreasonable for a locomotive?

The R2746EWS Co-Co Diesel Electric Class 60. Price £ 100.75 is presumable of similar size and quality.

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Just Lion and GT3 to go then?

Regards

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
... and DP2!

Heljan also announced the class 15 BTH type 1. Guess what? I'm just finishing off a Dave Alexander kit for same! I suppose if I start on a Lion now, we'll have it announced at this time next year ...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm not a lover of Kestrel but welcome the news that Heljan are going to produce this prototype as it seems the odds are good that they will follow up with Lion and that is one I'd like, maybe 2 as I like the livery here
http://fictitiousliveries.fotopic.net/p44812845.html
I know that's fictitious but what the Hey, I think I'll go with the white window surrounds as suggested by one of the commentators

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (SRman @ 2 Apr 2008, 12:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... and DP2!

OK - I forgot that one, I also delberately didn't mention the Fell DM, the Great Western/BR(W) gas turbines or the LMS and SR locos.

I was impressed by one coincidence though - 4 minutes after I mentioned Lion, Doug posted his review of the Network SouthEast class 50 "Lion".

Weird.

Regards

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think the OO class 15 is due to be £89rrp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well despite my usual price limit on new purchases i will put a deposit down for this. If it spurs them on to do Lion so much the better. I think bachmann is the most likely to have a punt at a DP2 though ( Poor Silverfox models)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts