Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Just a thought on this: be aware that 1:120 scale is 2.5mm to the foot. That means it is halfway between what we know as N Gauge (2mm scale) and British TT (3mm scale).
This will be like what HO is to British OO with 1:120 scale being smaller than the British TT 3mm scale. In other words, it isn't going to be compatible and it is going to be slightly bigger than N gauge.

Seems like someone is trying to create a new market or that British houses really have become too small for 4mm.

I think I will continue my progression from 4mm to 7mm scale. Much easier to see and you don't need so much of it!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
OMG !!! Why on earth did I switch from TT to European N-gauge in 1966 (and thence to H0 in 2002) ??? My BEC 5MT (kit) on Triang chassis) was a brilliant loco, a GEM 2251, 57XX and others. I had a great little L-shaped terminus/fiddleyard with WR/SR influence. If Peco had announced this TT-track in 1966 todays MR scene would be significantly different, I humbly suggest.
PS Maybe they are angling for the former GDR market??
I face a similar situation: back in the late 1990's, had Dapol and Heljan been making their current 7mm scale products then, I would probably have gone to 7mm scale then instead of persisting with 4mm.

The benefit of hindsight and 'oh if they had done x then' are wonderful things!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts