Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed this lighting kit in to the class 47?

I have tested it out and the head and marker lights come on and turn
straight back off, but the tail lights stay on when they are ment to.

If you have can you please send me some pictures of where you have
installed the head light or clearer instructions because I have got
really confused and put it back into the box until it becomes
unravelled.

Please Help Me.

Thank You

Alistair Buchan

·
Registered
825 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 17 May 2006, 23:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anybody installed this lighting kit in to the class 47?

I have tested it out and the head and marker lights come on and turn
straight back off, but the tail lights stay on when they are ment to.

I haven't and I don't know which decoder it uses but my first thought is that the decoder has overload protection on the function outputs and you have excessive current in the head and marker light circuit.

Andrew

·
Registered
342 Posts
I asked express models about the tubbyduff kit at warley they said it is a Very difficult kit to install not reccommended for the faint hearted or inexperienced. i do have a tubbyduff fitted with a lenz silver and one with an SWD sound chip both get very hot and the SWD chip especially overheats
. The problem is that the HJ mechs are just too power hungry for 00 decoders so if functions are being used aswell there can be problems. I think the only answer is for someone to bring out a higher power 00 decoder especially for HJ mechs. That having been said you should be able to fit the decoder and get it working just try not to crank up the power; I put my sound chipped tubbyduff on a rolling road to see what it sounded like at full tilt.............. BIG MISTAKE
luckily I didn't destroy the chip but I must have come very close it nearly started to melt the plastic of the loco body !!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
The first kit I installed was a nightmare and I broke the led's as it was such a tight squeeze to get the body back on I now file some of the chassis back and they fit a lot better
, I have taken my southwest chip out of my duff for that reason and looking to ditch the sound chips, it all gets a little irrataing after a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts