Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Guys

This is a plea for help I'm in need of some heljan class 47 cab hand rails ?
I have tried Howes and there website says that they have some sprues with them on so I ordered some and some other bits which arrived yesterday with a note on the packet saying that they are out of stock so I'm stuck and need some help please?

Pete

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried the sales mail address but that just gets bounced.

If you know of any others for heljan let me know please?

Pete

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pete,

because of Howes being heljans main UK Distributor, nobody else stocks spares.

It will just be a case of having to sit and wait for howes to get new stock in. They get deliveries fairly regularly from Heljan so it should not be to long a wait.

Alistair

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Pete

Others have been having problems and I believe they have had more sucess going direct to Heljan's own site. I have no Heljan stuff myself but this info has come from another internet site so can't guarantee any success other than what other people have stated.

Bizerba

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Pete,

Just been on Heljans site, can't find anything relating to spares but if you click on the union jack near the top right hand side and then click dealers there are 60 listed, I know Howes are the main dealers but you never know if one near to can help.

Bizerba

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Don't know if my experience is unique but a few years ago I purchased (as a retail customer) a Heljan DSB locomotive from Howes, it failed (motor died) within a couple of weeks - contacted Howes who told me to send it back so that they could send it back to Heljan for repair. Not what I expected - would have thought that a replacement would have been forthcomming (& yes, they were available).

Contacted Heljan direct by e-mail & spoke to them on my last visit to Nurnberg and found them to be most unhelpful - they were about as much use as a chocolate iron !

Back to Howes on my return, still not much help - had to threaten to raise the issue with the CC company for a refund & sent the offending locomotive back.

It will be a long time before a purchase another Heljan product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts