Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really interesting and very brave move by Heljan.
I hope this opens doors to other previously unavailable locos being considered.
I read that the Heljan class 53 will be a limited run and then no more will be made - is this true?
I hope this venture is successful, maybe then 'Kestrel' and 'Lion' will follow too?!

And then you have Deltic, DP2, LMS 10000 and 10001, GT3, 36001 (the 'Leader'), maybe even the APT-E (I wish!) Or how about the Leyland National railbuses anyone?
I'm sure you'll all think of some more!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Personally, I think modellers are very good at thinking about what would be 'nice', what is a 'brave' move, what they think should be made (but wouldn't purchase themselves) and what they think would sell well without appreciating the commercial factors or the fact that the 53 has never appeared in model polls.

Yes, Heljan has advised that the model will be a limited edition and they have also indicated that it will only go into production if there is sufficient demand. Evidendently they have already recognised that the model is a risk, especially when only one was built and modellers are therefore unlikely to purchase more than one (collectors probably will).

I would be surprised if the 53 comes to fruition. If it does, I think it will be very expensive.

Heljan would be better off focussing their efforts on a 22.

Graham Plowman

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Is it me or are we suffering a surfeit of non registered posts. I am sure I speak for other members of the forum when I say PLEASE actually register so we can find out more about you. This particular post was particularily aggravating as there is already a thread running on Falcon.

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I have noticed this also. There seems to be a very large contingent of non members contributing here right now.

Under the circumstances there is likely to be some duplication.

QUOTE Yes, Heljan has advised that the model will be a limited edition and they have also indicated that it will only go into production if there is sufficient demand.

Just curious Graham but have Heljan actually said this or is it speculation resulting from a recent Heljan email?

Happy modelling
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a non-member I seem to have caused offence to some people by contributing to the Guest posting area. Sorry, but I thought the Guest posting area was for non-members. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
You are not!

The topic duplication issue is an interesting observation however that is all it is really. The guest area was started becuase it was recognised that Model Rail Forum receives more visits from guests than from members and it was considered that this was a way of encouraging guests to contribute. Having made the lightspeed jump to making a contribution guests might then feel encouraged to contribute in the members area which does require registration.

Guests do make very interesting contributions so please carry on!

The downside of the guest area is that topics are not placed in a dedicated section and can be a bit jumbled with repetition at times and that you may not get a full reply or a discussion going around your message as it is an area than a lot of members overlook.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts