Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
nickb
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see from the Modelfair website that the new Class 58 is available from Heljan. From the pictures, it looks fantastic, and sound like it has the typical heavy powerful Heljan mechanism.

Has anyone got one yet? and can they confirm that there are no coupling issues like those reported with the prior Heljan release?

I am really looking forward to getting one of these. The finish looks to be excellnt, and the laucnh price is £72.50 which puts it head to head with the Hornby 56. Now one of each in Railfreight livery will be just the ticket to start the new year!

·
Registered
11 Posts
B)-->QUOTE(Nick B @ 31 Dec 2007, 20:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see from the Modelfair website that the new Class 58 is available from Heljan. From the pictures, it looks fantastic, and sound like it has the typical heavy powerful Heljan mechanism.

Has anyone got one yet? and can they confirm that there are no coupling issues like those reported with the prior Heljan release?
I am really looking forward to getting one of these. The finish looks to be excellnt, and the laucnh price is £72.50 which puts it head to head with the Hornby 56. Now one of each in Railfreight livery will be just the ticket to start the new year![/quote]

Some pics of the 58 up on the Rails site

http://railsofsheffield.com/class-58-001-r...-JJJA6969.aspx#

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (RikStar @ 2 Jan 2008, 13:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-->QUOTE(Nick B @ 31 Dec 2007, 20:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see from the Modelfair website that the new Class 58 is available from Heljan. From the pictures, it looks fantastic, and sound like it has the typical heavy powerful Heljan mechanism.

I am really looking forward to getting one of these. The finish looks to be excellnt, and the laucnh price is £72.50 which puts it head to head with the Hornby 56. Now one of each in Railfreight livery will be just the ticket to start the new year!
Some pics of the 58 up on the Rails site

http://railsofsheffield.com/class-58-001-r...-JJJA6969.aspx#
I was passing through the Butterley Midland Railway Centre where there is a coach selling railway books and models (it is at Swanwick Junction). I noted that they had a couple of Heljan 58's for sale there. I will be at my other place of lurkdom, viz. Geoffrey Allison's of Worksop, so I will check there come Saturday (or tomorrow, if I do some good timing with my day's jobs.

cheers,

Hugh

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (Hugh Williams @ 3 Jan 2008, 22:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was passing through the Butterley Midland Railway Centre where there is a coach selling railway books and models (it is at Swanwick Junction). I noted that they had a couple of Heljan 58's for sale there. I will be at my other place of lurkdom, viz. Geoffrey Allison's of Worksop, so I will check there come Saturday (or tomorrow, if I do some good timing with my day's jobs.

cheers,

Hugh

I have been to Geoffrey Allison's as intended. Heljan 58's in evidence. They do look good, especially the 'Mainline' liveried item. However, they are out of my modelling area. What a pity!

Cheers,

Hugh

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ok now I've seen quite a few 58's but have absolutely no idea what this is going on about, can you enlighten me?

"The Heljan Class 58 will be released under 2 sub headings "Version 1" and "Version 2". Version 1 will have no bodyside panel handles and CP3 bogies. Version 2 has bodyside panel handles and the later CP3a bogies."

What bodyside panel handles are they on about? Do early versions not have them and later ones do after a modification or does it refer to build batches?
Thanks Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts