Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
QUOTE (normski @ 9 Jan 2008, 14:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Advice from anyone who has one please.I brought this last week after being inspired by Dyserth RD layout! it should plug and play but doesn't! I can get it to move the trolley across the top, turn on all the lights and rotate the basket but it won't move the gantry.Now it states it should run off your track controller, mine is a prodigy giving 14/16v 3.5amps but to no avail.So i rigged it up to my 12v battery charger giving up to 4.5v and still no joy?? any advice appreciated.Also as you move the trolley the light dim suggesting not enough power.When i tested it with my prodigy it was a direct link into the base unit with no other tracks connected up.It also sais dcc operable can someone advise how to rig that up! The manuel is pretty useless.thanks in advance.

Hi Normski, I have mine connected to a separate 15v 5amp ac power supply. Tried 12v 5amp AC but was under powered.
When putting the base together make sure all top components are pushed down tightly especially near the gantry running tracks. I had to slightly bevel the edge of the plastic roadway each side of the gantry tracks. Also make sure the base is absolutely flat, any distortion of the base can also cause the gantry to catch or rub on roadway and stop.
Operate the gantry and put ear close, listen ,if motor is wuring but not moving it means the bottom of gantry legs are catching.
BTW I have connected mine to my Lenz DCC system and it works fine but as the gantry and trolley have separate addresses they can not be operated simultaneously as with the control box.
HTH
Ian sa

·
Registered
266 Posts
QUOTE (iansa @ 10 Jan 2008, 00:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Normski, I have mine connected to a separate 15v 5amp ac power supply. Tried 12v 5amp AC but was under powered.
When putting the base together make sure all top components are pushed down tightly especially near the gantry running tracks. I had to slightly bevel the edge of the plastic roadway each side of the gantry tracks. Also make sure the base is absolutely flat, any distortion of the base can also cause the gantry to catch or rub on roadway and stop.
Operate the gantry and put ear close, listen ,if motor is wuring but not moving it means the bottom of gantry legs are catching.
BTW I have connected mine to my Lenz DCC system and it works fine but as the gantry and trolley have separate addresses they can not be operated simultaneously as with the control box.
HTH
Ian sa

Hi Normski, further to my last post. Are you operating your Heljan CT with DCC system? If so, the Gantry and trolley have separate addresses which means with DCC system your have to toggle between the two addresses. This is why I op mine with control box supplied.
Ian sa

·
Registered
266 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 10 Jan 2008, 03:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>*

I'll see if I can nut out a single decoder configuration, but to be honest I'd never be an easy change and don't see why you'd want to use anything other than the supplied controller which seems to be simple and direct. Is there anything that can be done under DCC control that can't be done with the control pad... there's nothing obvious to me.

Richard
DCCconcepts

There is nothing that can be done under DCC that can't be done with control pad. So far, with my testing, the control pad is better, easier and more precise.
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.