Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice from anyone who has one please.I brought this last week after being inspired by Dyserth RD layout! it should plug and play but doesn't! I can get it to move the trolley across the top, turn on all the lights and rotate the basket but it won't move the gantry.Now it states it should run off your track controller, mine is a prodigy giving 14/16v 3.5amps but to no avail.So i rigged it up to my 12v battery charger giving up to 4.5v and still no joy?? any advice appreciated.Also as you move the trolley the light dim suggesting not enough power.When i tested it with my prodigy it was a direct link into the base unit with no other tracks connected up.It also sais dcc operable can someone advise how to rig that up! The manuel is pretty useless.thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thankyou guys for all the info,i will need to get a better transformer then of at least 15volts and 2.5 amps,does anyone have one suitable lying around? they want to sell me? I'm in Tamworth staffs but can collect if reasonably local? or good old Royal mail.I'm surprised my battery charger didn't do the trick either as this is 12v and 4.5 amp! but it should be kicking out nearly 14 v to be able to charge a battery! Still i'll try again and check its not catching on the plastic again,but i have checked that already.You'd think for nearly £400 they would supply one? wouldn't you?
I have only been using it on the controller which comes with it so not on DCC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.