Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heljan have issued an End Of life statement for their Class 47/57 range with the last subjects in this range to be offered on a pre-order basis only.

The models affected by this are:-

47787 Windsor Castle - Limited Edition

47476 Parcels 'Night Mail

47063 Trainload Construction

Only those who order examples from Heljan stockists will receive them.

This is actually the first bit of news from Heljan since January.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
not much of a statement is it. Should it say these are the last ones we've got if anyone who hasn't already got one wants onew speak now although as its nothing we haven't had had on sale for a while now anyway we aren't expecting much. That limited edition is 4 years old now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Even though the heljan 47 has some details wrong i would buy them because my 2 can out pull quite a few bachmann and hornby engines (namely class 60 + 66).

we will only use hejan 47's on our club layout so that the differences in sizes are not noticed.

Alistair

·
Registered
342 Posts
That all depends on what bachman put out I must admit that heljan were quite industrious with the many liveries they produced and I doubt bachman will match them but there are many modellers out there capable of producing these liveries so I'm sure bachman models will appear in all the privatisation liveries eventually Personally i can't wait for the bachman 47163 to come out although it's probably a year away

·
Registered
763 Posts
It's surprising that the loco's you would think are easiest to produce due to being upgrades of existing products (ie class 47 to 57 or hornby rebuilt and unrebuilt battle of Britain) often end up being released after many of the new builds.I'd love to know why.

·
Registered
342 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 9 Sep 2006, 20:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's surprising that the loco's you would think are easiest to produce due to being upgrades of existing products (ie class 47 to 57 or hornby rebuilt and unrebuilt battle of Britain) often end up being released after many of the new builds.I'd love to know why.

And aren't you assuming that the manufacturers know why themselves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts