Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
***** THIS IS URGENT FOR ANYONE OWNING A HELJAN FALCON ******

I have today learnt that Heljan are in the process of supplying complete chassis replacements, with buffer beams fitted, for the Falcons.

BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, upon contacting The Signalbox from where I purchased my Blue one, they have responded thus.....

QUOTE Hi

I think the deadline has passed for the chassis. I will try though! I'll email Heljan and ask if they say we can have one we need your chassis back here to return the faulty one to them.

Leave it with us and we will see!!!

Kind regards
Kerry

Sent: 13 February 2008 13:14
To: [email protected]
Subject: Heljan Falcon chassis replacement

Hello, I purchased a Blue Heljan Falcon from you just before Christmas. It has the well known chassis/buffer beam fault.

I now understand that Heljan are offering a complete chassis and buffer beam replacement.
Can I request this please, if you can tell me how to proceed I will be most grateful.

Many Thanks
Ashley

Whatever the outcome of this, I would suggest that anyone owning a Falcon gets in touch with their retailer as soon as possible to request the chassis and bufferbeam replacement.

Good Luck
Ashley

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, I also emailed Hattons as I bought my Lime Green Falcon from them, so far no reply so if you do hear anything back can you please post it here, and I will do the same.

My third Falon, the BR Blue one came from a local model shop, and I telephoned him yesterday to ask about the chassis exchange. He is going to contact Heljan, because my phone call was the first he had heard about it, and he sold 18 Falcons in total. so overall this problem and its solution have not been very well publicised it seems.

Ashley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.