Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told that MOST IF NOT ALL Heljan Falcons are effected by a serious chassis fault. The scale buffer beams supplied fitted have been glued on because they will not clip into chassis and therefore cannot be changed for the other buffer beam unit designed to be use with tension lock coupling. Most dealers are not sending out models as Heljan are reported to be making a new chassis to replace faulty one. It will be some weeks yet before they will be available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (gdaysydney @ 21 Dec 2007, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Martin,

Where did you get this information? Have you purchased any of the models?

I have the lime green and thetwo tone green on order - I am expecting them to arrive in the new year. Can anyone in the UK who has received their Falcon confirm this posting?

Dave
Sydney
Australia

Dave,

Sorry been at work and just seen your question. My info came direct from Howes who were both helpful and apologetic but confirmed they WOULD NOT send out a defective model. Other posts are giving similar info but some retailers either didn't know about problem or decided to ignore the issue and just send out the models. The end result is egg on a lot of faces at Heljan for poor quality control and a pat on the back for Howes for standing firm and trying to get the issue put right before a lot of people end up with a very expensive sub standard collectors item or 3.

Martin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE ON CHASSIS PROBLEM

Have received this week my set of Falcons from Howes with the new chassis fitted, they run like sewing machines - fantastic. The fitted buffer beams come off with no problems and the reduced depth ones can be fitted with resorting to use of tools, glue etc. - added bonus they are now complete with fitted buffers so no messing about trying to change them over.

Many thanks to Howes for sorting the problem out BEFORE they shipped the models out. OK so they were 2 months late but I have 3 loco's that are in top notch condition.

How are those of you who have been trying to get the problem sorted doing - are other dealers getting the new chassis?

Martin R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.