Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diesel Drinker
1,538 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Chris I am 39 yo & have recently got back into Modeling. I am building two 00 Gauge layouts at the moment.

1. "Skipwick" (DCC) This ia a 3 X 1.2 M layout that I'm building with my dad at his house (in my old bedroom !), He has been collecting for nearly ten years, but he needed some help with the layout. That is where I got on board to help.

2. "Flower Hill" (DCC), (Even Tomas Will be decoded !) This is a small layout for my six year old daughter, for running her Hornby Tomas on (And for me to test & photograph on), we relay enjoy working on the layout together, I'm pleased that she doesn't only like dolls !

I'm planning on my own layout in the future, I'm thinking of N Gauge, purely for the space factor.

I have had 30 years experience with modeling ranging from, Aeroplanes, Trucks, Cars. Also I'm very handy with electronics, Computers & Soldering, thats why it has to be DCC.

My latest project is fitting Solar panels & LED's into a Metcalf Models Garage, watch this space!

I do hope I can be of help, also I hope that any others members can help me when I'm stuck.

Happy Modeling !

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Hello Chris, welcome aboard

Lots of really useful members here, and am sure we will pick your brains too! Any questions, just ask away

IF your building 'Flower Hill' for Thomas, you could always rename it 'Isle of Sodor'

Look forward to seeing your pics

·
Diesel Drinker
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could, but my daughter named the layout Flower Hill. She wouldn't be very happy If I changed the name !

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi there!

·
Diesel Drinker
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, I just spent a few hours dismantling "Skipwick", my Dad's layout, he's go into gardening & an allotment now.

It was a very soul destroying experience, destroying all my hard work, & time consuming, as I got to keep the track & turntable!

Goodbye!

He has kept his loco's, as he may start again when he retires.

Cheers, Chris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts