Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody at Model Rail Forum I would just like to briefly introduce myself, My name is Phill and I am modeling in 7mm 0 gauge, My main interest is in the UK railway scene 1948 to 1990. My present layout is a garden railway based on the Devon/Somerset area in the early seventys.
Cheers Phill

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Phil & welcome to the forum.

Nice to see another modeller out in the garden (I have a small'ish garden railway using LGB & some G1).

Are you still running outside ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 14 Nov 2007, 11:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Phil & welcome to the forum.

Nice to see another modeller out in the garden (I have a small'ish garden railway using LGB & some G1).

Are you still running outside ?
Hi dbclass50, I'm glad to hear from another garden modeler
There has been some interesting developments in G1 recently, I like the new Bachmann brass pannier & the new Aristocraft 66.

I'm afraid I'm not running outdoors at the moment as I am busy waterproofing my garage in preparation for my indoor terminus & fiddle yard, Once this is complete I will be running all year round though (I can't wait ! )
Cheers Phill

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Phil and welcome to the forum.

Nice to see the name of one of my "old faithfuls" as your name.

regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Sir Galahad @ 19 Nov 2007, 20:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Surley you must be MAD in this weather and through the winter months?!

I'm not mad - certifiable maybe, but not mad.

My garden railway is run all year round, the freight stock is weathered by - the weather & is left outside.

The only things that stop it running are ;
Frogs (the hoppy ones) that get on the track & get stunned - they don't seem to suffer any harm as they are gently put back into the pond.
Snow (if it gets too deep when running.)
Cats (mine) when they get brave & attack the trains.
& lastly, very high winds, if they actually blow the rolling stock off the track (I think there's a tank wagon still in the pond).

Quite a few people I've met who never used to run outside in the winter now do so - there really is not much to stop all year round running.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 20 Nov 2007, 08:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not mad - certifiable maybe, but not mad.

Quite correct - I've seen the certificate.

You forgot the other thing that stops the trains running - my tool box

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts