Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm Canadian but I'm just starting to get into collecting British oo gauge models. I'm primarily interested in Great Western Railway steam locomotives. I don't currently have a layout, and I have doubts that I will be able to build one in the near future (I have a small budget and smaller space), but I have a decent collection on display. Currently I only have three British models: Hornby LB&SC terrier, Bachmann GWR 4575 small prairie, and Hornby BR ex-GWR Grange class. I'm looking at adding a GWR Castle class to my collection next. Well anyhoo, I'll be hanging around here as I continue to learn more about British railway modeling.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I think it is safe to say that there plenty of other members who share your particular interests. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask; somebody nearly always has an answer.

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi there Canuck. A Merry Christmas to you and welcome to the MRF from sunny Dubai.

I also model GWR but in N Gauge so at least we have some common ground. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here as there are some very knowledgable modellers who are always willing to lend a helping hand with problems.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hi mate,
I hope you are a true Canuck i.e. Vancouver Canuck! What a team - 1982 - Stan Smyl, Ivan Boldirev, Tiger Williams, Lars Lindgren - these were great hockey players and what a great team to make it to the Stanley Cup.
Welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm right smack in the middle of the prairies in southern Saskatchewan, and even though it can sometimes get colder than the north pole, I love it. Again, I'm very new to UK modeling, but once I started learning a little bit about it and when I got my first British outline model, I was hooked! The Canadian and American models in my collection are actually getting a little boring because we see them literally all the time. Now all I need is the time, skill, and most of all, the money to start building some of those awesome etched brass locomotive kits. Again, thanks for welcoming me to MRF

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi there and welcome - fire away we don't bite

Regards

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I am also fairly new to this forum. I live in Ontario and am a Southern Railway modeller in 00. You will find lots of usefull info here. We have at least a couple of good suppliers in Canada. One in B.C. and one in Ontario.
Cheers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello and welcome

I'm also a newcomer in this forum and post from the place with the two seasons "Warm rany period" and "Cold rany period" - called Germany.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts