Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Barry I live just outside Darlington (birthplace of the railways). A platform ender during the late fifties early sixties I consider myself to have been lucky to see steam engines at work in real life, beside the gradient on the Tyne Dock to Consett steel works line, watching and listening to an iron ore train with TWO 9Fs in full control, one of many memories.

Inspired by layouts such as Peter Denny's EM gauge "Buckingham" and the S4 gauge "Heckmondwike" I built a 00 gauge 4mm (Iwas in a hurry) layout in a loft during the seventies/eighties, which I had to break-up, keeping all my locos, rolling stock and H&M Powermasters for more than twenty years, through two house moves.
As we have just moved, for the third time, to a new house and are reliably informed by the boss that this is the final move we will under take, I have the itch to build my last layout.

I find this forum to be alive with debate, information and members with a strong model railway interest, which they want to share with others, young and old.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome aboard,

If you've got a problem just post and you'll get the answer, actually with us lot it's more likely to be several different onrs!!

Regards

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob, Brian, M&GNR, Jeff and John thank you for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated.

My era of interest is British Railways 1955-65 and as I did my spotting at Edinburgh, Carlisle. Darlington and Leeds, I have soft spots for Ex L N E R and L M S steam locos.

At the moment I can not decide on digital or not, which takes me right back to early 1980's and Zero 1 nothing changes.

Once again thank you all.

Barry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts