Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie on this forum. I have only just found you. I am a southern modeller 1950s/60s steam and third rail i am about to start a new layout and for the last two years have been building locos and emus for my new layout (a might have been) it will be based on seley after the light railway was taken over by the southern. Anway enough of my rambling as i said i am a newbie and i would just like to say hello.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Although I model SNCF in HO I've always had a soft spot for the SR and with the advent of Hornby's T9 I may well end up giving the SR a go! There are so many SR steam locos available now there really isn't an excuse to go for it.

Keep Modelling and enjoy the forum

Clive

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome. We SR modellers need some help here. Someone on this site even referred to a Bulleid Pacific as an upside down bath tub! Most of us are more civilised though and believe Adams, Drummond, Urie, Maunsell and Bulleid were some of the greatest engineers of the 20th century (well and late 19th). Seriously, I am a comparative Newbie and have learned a lot here already. Hope you do too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi lswr m7 and welcome. Great screen name. I model the same sort of period you do, though I don't have any 3rd rail as yet. Could be tempted though if someone were to provide a nice model of a 2-BIL or similar

I grew up in Winchester, and Eastleigh was a favourite destination in the mid fifties for me, so I was not so used to seeing electrics in those far off days. Of course since Winchester also had the DN & S station in those days, I will admit to having just a sneaking appreciation of another railways locomotives as well, including one rather famous green outside framed 4-4-0 which was a regular performer on the line in the 1957/58 period!!

Always nice to have another modeller on the forum who appreciates designers such as Adams, Drummond, Maunsell and Bulleid

Norm

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi Kev,

Welcome to the forum

Alway good to see another new layout in the planning ... if you need any help just shout.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

there's nothing wrong with the SR, I model it a bit myself both in OO and HO (that is of course when I'm not working on or with a certain Belgian layout)

Enjoy

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 26 Nov 2008, 16:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there's nothing wrong with the SR, I model it a bit myself both in OO and HO (that is of course when I'm not working on or with a certain Belgian layout)

Or loosing/retrieving pantograph springs !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 26 Nov 2008, 17:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or loosing/retrieving pantograph springs !

You know, I'm sure I mentioned that in another thread!

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts