Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've returned to the hobby again after some 30 years - the excuse being a rapidly growing son.

I've almost completed my first 4ft x 2ft N scale layout - to meet his requirements. It is therefore a single track looping twice around the board with an upper and lower level station so you can run end to end if you're that way inclined, personally, I just like watching the trains go round. Designed by a 6 year old means it had to go up and down and through a tunnel.

The track is split into 3 sections to help prevent crashes and give a bit more operational fun. The sidings are self isolating, I have added diodes to prevent high speed buffer smashing and isolated the section that is reversed into...

An unexpected side effect of adding the sections is that J tends to set the controller and then control the layout using the section on/off switches and point motors.

I have spent perhaps two years reading forums like this and learning about the hobby, this layout is my first attempt and is a practice for something larger ... one day.

Now ... how do I add a photo for your critical eyes..

Oggie

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
>how do I add a photo for your critical eyes..
Here's what I do:-
1) Size the image to around 640 x 480 or smaller
2) Upload this to the web space I get as part of my internet package. (I have created a train related ID for this purpose)
3) Use the file manager part of the internet web page set up to view the image
4) "Copy" the URL of the viewed image from the address line at the top of my browser (Mouse right click - Copy)
5) Use the image paste icon shown on the menu bar just above the message text I am typing composing this reply and "Paste" the link into the dialog box which requests the URL.
6) Do a "preview post" and test the link to check I have got it right.

I couldn't work out how to use of the public photo album sites to access images I had stored there. Maybe it's got easier in the last 6 months.

Best of luck
David

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi oggie and welcome. As one fairly recently returned after a long break, You'll know how much better todays models are !!! At 57 years old, I couldn't manage the smallness of N Gauge, so your eyes must be better than mine. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Gwent rail @ 29 Sep 2006, 21:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As one fairly recently returned after a long break, You'll know how much better todays models are !!!

Thanks all for the welcome. I have to say I am very impressed with Kato and Dapol, as a youngster (1970s) I lived in Germany so my original locos (which still run well) were Minitrix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.