Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I´m a retired airline captain after over 37 years and 18000 hours "up in the sky" and am now back on terra firma. In the late fifties and beginning sixties my hobby was model trains, but due to flight training and so on I had to put it aside. Later I then "converted" to model airplanes but am easing off on that now.

I still have all my old Märklin stuff but I can see the huge development which has occurred since then. It´s a brand new world but I am very much looking forward to learn more about it. I find it quite amazing and admire such realism that you see now in the design and construction of model trains.

I hope through this Model Rail Forum to get a good start and will be looking forward to join in.

Torben B. Sorensen
Koge, Denmark

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi & welcome to the forum.

Things in the model railway world are moving pretty quickly these days - if you have any questions at all then please just ask away - someone here is bound to know the answer.

Enjoy the hobby.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 17 Dec 2008, 11:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps if you happen to be travelling by train any time soon please could you tape some pictures for us.

QUOTE (zmil @ 19 Dec 2008, 10:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think Pedro meant to say Take some Pictures

Oh I don't know - there's nothing wrong with a bit of video.

Seriously though, welcome to the forum and enjoy your visits.

Regards

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello Torben

Here is a Welcome from the other newbie of the week. If you get jitters about German railway, let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Torben and welcome to the MRF.

If you get withdrawal syptoms from the model planes you could always run some wires above the layout and have a jumbo or two on final approach to some 'off-scene' fictitious airport.

Come to think of it, that's not a daft as it might, at first, have seemed though I have never actually seen it done. Couldn't do it on mine (set in 1946) - unless, that is, I could maybe find a 1:150 scale DC3.

Anyway, enjoy the hobby and the forum. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts