Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is Sjoerd K., living in the Netherlands, Delft. I'm nearly 17 years old and crazy about British (model) trains.
Together with my father, also a British railway enthiaust, I went to England every two years.
Two years ago we visited the Severn Valley Railway, in 2003 the North Yorkshire Moors railway, both we very much liked the railways, especially the SVR, gorgeous!

Every two years we buy in England a lot of nice new models from Bachmann and Hornby, the collection we know have is pretty large!
This year (18 july) we are going to the South of England, to visite the Blubell Railway, Swanage Railway and the Spa Valley Railway.
I'll hope you've got a little impression of my.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 22 Apr 2007, 08:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sjoerd

Welcome to the forum. i think you are our first from holland? we tend to be a fairly friendly bunch.

do you have a layout?
do you have any pictures?

Peter

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the welcome!
We do have a layout, although it isn't really what you called 'ready'. It is a Southern Region layout, based on the station of Cranbrook, a very nice little country station.
I do have some pictures of our trains and the layout, they are on the way to this very nice forum.

Sjoerd

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sjoerdk!

Minitrix have done some nice N scale models of the NS recently. Like you I'm obsessed with the railway of a foreign country, in my case I live in the UK but model the ÖBB and SBB. Apparently the NS was until recently the most crowded railway in Europe, but of course the UK has proudly taken the Sardine Trophy in recent years...

Goedel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I'm a Southern man, nice to hear you to! The pictures of the coaches are nice, we also have some of these kits, only then from Ratio.
THis afternoon I wil take some pictures of the whole layout and the other trains.

Cars is my other hobby, actually my hobby since I was 2 years old, the pictures are taken on the AutoRAI 2007, last month in Amsterdam.
The Bugatti is a very impressive and fine looking car, it was the first time I saw it in real life.

@ goedel,
Thanks for the welcome!
Minitrix does have indeed some nice NS stuff, compared to the English modeltrains they are a lot more expensive. My dad have some NS trains, only than in 'HO' scale, mostly from Lima (which is now Hornby), Marklin and kits.
We have two very nice ÖBB steam locomotives from a unknown marque, unfortunately they are packed in, so I can't take a picture of them now.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi sjoerdk, and welcome to the forum, glad you're a Southern man - you can't beat a Bulleid working hard.

Regards

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 23 Apr 2007, 14:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi sjoerdk, and welcome to the forum, glad you're a Southern man - you can't beat a Bulleid working hard.

Regards

John

Hi John,
First of all, thank you for the welcome! Are you a Southern man to? This year I'm going to buy all the new Hornby locos, including the new coaches, they are just stunning! The Southern locos we have are Battle of Britain Class 92 Squadron, Terrier No.11 in Southern colours, and quite a lot other locos which have driven on the Southern Region.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd

I have taken some new pictures of the layout and the trains, click on the following link and you can see them!
http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/Sjoerdk/

The Superquick buildings are temporary, they are later on put by the Kitmaster collection, I have made the goods shed, my dad has made the country garage and pump.
We have made prototypes of the Cranbrook station in OO, I'll hope they are soon finished!

The list of locos we currently have:
Bachmann Standard Class 4MT 80136 Black Early Emblem
Bachmann Crab 42765 Black Early Emblem
Bachmann V3 67669 Black Early Emblem

Hornby little Saddle Tank 51231 Black Early Emblem
Hornby Austerity 68074 Black Early Emblem
Hornby J52 68846 BR Black Late Crest
Hornby Southern Terrier, No.11
Hornby Battle of Britain 34081 92 Squadron Southern Green 'British Railways'.

We also have a pair of Mainline locos, a 43XX, Push Pull 14XX, Pannier Tank GWR (SVR edition), Royal Scot BR Green Early Emblem.
Also a pair of Airfix locomotives are part of the collection, BR Black Early Emblem Prairie Tank, 4F Fowler LMS Black without lining, LMS Black Royal Scot.
Freight wagons are from Bachmann, Ratio, Airfix and others, we do have some coaches, 10 Kitmaster's and a Maroon MK1 Bachmann coach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts