Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I come from Hong Kong, has been a railway modeller for more than 10 years. My interest is European trains, particularly German and Swiss ones. Unforunately railway modelling is not a hot hobby in Hong Kong, so there are only few hobby shops selling model trains. I spend most of my time hunting for models on ebay.

Hope to chat with you all!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Chris & welcome to MRF.

There seems to be loads of Bachmann/Liliput being "eBayed" from HK so I would have thought that there are sources there.

Enjoy the hobby & the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome to the Forum. Although my layout is British steam based in the 1950s, there a couple of modern Swiss trains which appear from time to time!

David

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 8 Feb 2009, 14:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello there and welcome!

I understand that there are a couple of VERY good model shops in hong kong. Perhaps a bit on the procey side but dont tenshodo have a branch there?

I also understand from a friend that there was (and perhaps still is) a very big model railway club there.

Peter

Hello Peter
Tenshodo was closed ages ago, probably around the mid-90s.
Yes, model trains sold in HK are often pricey and you may not get the latest models easily.
I haven't heard of any model rail clubs here in HK, but there IS one railway club, which focuses mainly on Chinese railway.
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome to the MRF.

I worked in Honkers for several years so can fully sympathise with your problems.

Having said that, I now work in Dubai which is even more of a modelling Chernobyl.

However, where there's a will, there's a way so enjoy your modelling and keep us posted of your progress/layout.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (chris chan @ 8 Feb 2009, 12:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Peter
Tenshodo was closed ages ago, probably around the mid-90s.

I am a bit dissapointed to hear that. i always concidered it one of my ambitions to buy a loco in that shop.

Never mind.
i am sure there is a model railway club in hong kong (or i think there was 4 years ago.). i have a friend who lived there that talks about it now and then. i will ask him for details.

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts