Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have just joined, in my very early 50's have finally got back a attic room and have got permission from her that MUST be obeyed (you've been there) that I can start to build a layout.
Its been many years since I have looked at the hobby and some of the new stuff is amazing, DCC I never new about that.
I can not believe the amount of information that I have already gotten from this Forum.
The next few years are going to be very interesting

thanks

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome (That's the initial poster of course not Peter the moderator).

As one who is rapidly running out of his 40s (28 days as a young man) I have one difference, no SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.

On a more serious note what are your intentions in modelling?

Regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
I`ll say hello and welcome , although i am a new member myself. Hopefully this year i will be starting the proper layout rather than scenic test tracks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 30 Apr 2008, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Peter and welcome (That's the initial poster of course not Peter the moderator).

As one who is rapidly running out of his 40s (28 days as a young man) I have one difference, no SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.

On a more serious note what are your intentions in modelling?

Regards

Hi Brithro
thanks for all the good wishes.
I have an initial 13' x 3' layout space, this is along one wall, my hope then
would be to extend around the room.
I am thinking of a small branch line station with either engine sheds or freight yard
connected to mine or Wharf, the latter two may have to wait.
the era I am looking at is post WWII to around the late 50's.

any thoughts much appreciated

Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (pal2014 @ 30 Apr 2008, 07:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all I have just joined, in my very early 50's have finally got back a attic room and have got permission from her that MUST be obeyed (you've been there) that I can start to build a layout.
Its been many years since I have looked at the hobby and some of the new stuff is amazing, DCC I never new about that.
I can not believe the amount of information that I have already gotten from this Forum.
The next few years are going to be very interesting

thanks

Peter

Forgot to mention the scale is going to be OO

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pal2014 @ 1 May 2008, 13:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the era I am looking at is post WWII to around the late 50's.

Possibly one of the most interesting periods in the history of British railways - from big four steam to the early diesels. It's a fun period with loads of information readily available.

Regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
The transition period is really interesting , from the shiny diesels , big four and standard steam and a vast range of coaching and frieght stock. Any particular region that takes precedence?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (f2paul @ 1 May 2008, 17:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The transition period is really interesting , from the shiny diesels , big four and standard steam and a vast range of coaching and frieght stock. Any particular region that takes precedence?
The north west region, I am thinking of branch line station with either mine, quarry or wharf to add the shunting, fraight yard which I fancy

regards

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Don't forget with the North West you can run steam to 1968 and bring in rail blue as well!

Regards

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello Peter, welcome to the forum, I am a "newby" as well, but I have found they are a good "bunch" on here and I certainly enjoy coming on.

Hope everything goes as planned with your layout.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts