Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick Hello for those who don't know me - in reality or virtuality !

I model OO modern image and P4 transition onwards as part of the WFRM team. I "do" all the computer stuff, currently RailRoad and Co interlockings / signalling and some home written software. I have been interested in signalling and operation for 30 years or so, spending a lot of time working signal boxes in the North West of England, and was a corresponding member of the Signalling Record Society for a few years - my main interest nowadays is getting the signalling and operation correct.

Thats my hello over with so on with the discussions ..

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum beast. I feel sure that many of us will appeciate your signalling knowhow.

Regards

John

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome - I note you've already found our Signalling sub-forum in the Track, Layouts, Scenery Forum, which I hope you will find interesting. Input from your prototype experience will be most useful, I should think.

My interest is purely as an amateur; although in the last year or two I've got involved with a trust restoring the St Albans South signalbox, disused since 1979. Shame you are in Birkenhead - a bit far to come for a visit!

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys,

I am aware of St Albans South - I passed it a few times when it was in use (without camera sadly) and am on some eGroups where it has been discussed in the past.

Although I will always help where I can, I tend to avoid commenting on (the signalling on) layouts unless asked, it can cause upset, if anyone wants advice then please ask otherwise I will stay away, prototype discussions are a different matter though.

Neil,

It came about after chasing the new 66/6s with my son, we got 66606 after wandering across a very waterlogged field, and he just said - "606, thats the real beast" - hence the name - guess when 66666 arrives I will have to move on ..

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (beast66606 @ 18 Jul 2007, 15:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It came about after chasing the new 66/6s with my son, we got 66606 after wandering across a very waterlogged field, and he just said - "606, thats the real beast" - hence the name - guess when 66666 arrives I will have to move on ..

Well that clears that up then. I kind of guessed a shed would be in there somewhere.

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (beast66606 @ 19 Jul 2007, 00:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil,

It came about after chasing the new 66/6s with my son, we got 66606 after wandering across a very waterlogged field, and he just said - "606, thats the real beast" - hence the name - guess when 66666 arrives I will have to move on ..

I see. So nothing satanic then.

cheers

Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts