Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..my names Bryan and i live in Somerset UK..Im a newcomer to the model railway world..although i did have a layout when i was a lad..cant remember how many years ago that was
..Two of my pals,Martin and Ron are into model railways and they have persuaded me into starting my own layout as a retirement project..Luckily for me Martin agreed to do the wiring for me..is that cheating?
it was about 15 months ago when i decided to take it up as a hobby..firstly i had to work out where i could do it
After a lot of thought i decided to make use of my garage
well,no car has been in there for at least 15 years..I had to find a home for what was in the Garage..that took ages...I then had to block up the garage doorway and create a new doorway on the side..im a slow worker!!..still ive got most of the track in situ now..havnt done much in the last 3 months but should be back with it soon..the theme ive chosen is based on the Cheddar Valley Railway..hence the letters CVR...Maybe i can explain more in a blog later on..Oh,i chose 00 gauge..Ive visited many exhibitions and taken loads of pictures of many layouts..not really to copy whats on display but i enjoy creating slideshows of the pictures complete with music to fit and play them back many times..I seem to be rambling on a bit
Just thought i would introduce myself to you all...Cheers for now...Bryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya Doug...thanks for the welcome..i tried to post a picture but i cant seem to grasp how its done..i'm like that with model railway!!..lol..do i have to use a photo imaging website to do it like Photobucket?...ive used that one..just thought there might be another way..ah..maybe i should look at the help section...will toddle across and have a look..Cheers....Bryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again..i seem to be having a problem in posting in the forum using AOL..i can do it only by using Internet Explorer...Has anyone else experienced similar problems?...Many thanks....Bryan.....Heres a slideshow of some pictures i took of Martins layout..the pictures are a bit distorted as its uploaded onto photobucket..the music in the background is the Luftwaffe March...thats if it all works...lol...Just click on the box..

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Bryan and welcome,

Unfortunately I can't view the slide show, but that is probably down to this pc!

I actually walked a few bits of the Cheddar branch a few years ago - stunning scenery and as I remember some of the pubs en route were worthy of returning to as well.

I also can't do electrics to save my life but have a very good friend who does (take a bow dbclass50)

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 18 Mar 2008, 17:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Bryan and welcome,

Unfortunately I can't view the slide show, but that is probably down to this pc!

I actually walked a few bits of the Cheddar branch a few years ago - stunning scenery and as I remember some of the pubs en route were worthy of returning to as well.

I also can't do electrics to save my life but have a very good friend who does (take a bow dbclass50)

Regards

Hiya Britho...I couldnt get it to work as well..lol..but then i had an idea...get them sometimes!!..I right clicked on the image and a box came up..i then clicked on the top one which says "open link"...it worked after a few seconds..
Yes, part of the Cheddar Valley Railway is now a walk/cycle way and quite popular..the tunnel near Winscombe has small cats eyes type lights on the path which automatically lights up when you enter the tunnel..they are solar powered..great it is...
Ah..i feel better now that i know theres someone else not into electrics!!...made my day that...Cheers....Bryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 18 Mar 2008, 21:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Bryan, welcome to the forum.

Hiya Neil...thanks for the welcome..im sure i will enjoy it here...Just looked at your blog!!...excellent work there..My layout is rather devoid of scenery..i shall be studying yours..Cheers...Bryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi again..just a test to see if i can get pictures on here..

the above pic is the converted interior of the garage...

Thats what it looks like at the moment

And the last one is some of my road vehicles..well, i used to drive tankers!!...thats going to be an oil teminal!!...at Cheddar!!...cheers...Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts