Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
hello,
new to modelling again and found this great site,

just retired from 30 yrs flying around planes...
love southern (BR) steam period,
am modelling exeter central OO 50's-60's period with maybe an ilfracombe branch off...subject to space grrr!

am pleased that so much RTR southern stock is aval now, so have had a buying frenzy hehe!
cheers for now
thanks

btw
need an ivatt 2 6 2T bachmann new if anyone knows a modelstore with one?

managed to get a bachmann new N class BR weathered and its very nice...
have 4 MN/WC's by hornby, french lines watersmeet combe martin and ottery st mary on order...
also an N15 sir lamiel coming and an M7

what more do i need for my stock ? erm....
prob a std 2 6 4T i think thats bachmann too?

the quality of coaches now is amazing, have the new hornby pullmans for my devon belle, the new maunsells seem nice and the bachmann mk1's in green are very good,
managed to get lotsa bulleids but they are not flushed glazed or as detailed but still look very nice too...

anyway probably boring you now lol!!

met darren from the modelzone crawley shop who was a great help and he is a member of crawley MRC thanks darren, great service!
rog

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi, sounds like you are going to have a great layout, you will need some GWR locos and of course a southern Z 0-8-0 for exeter. There are some good photos of exeter if you do a search on google images,especially of the shed in steam days. You will need a lot of room for the illfracombe branch if you are thinking of modelling it in full, it must be over 50 miles from exeter!

I model in O but am tempted to have a small OO layout as you say we have a very good selection of southern now in RTR for locos but the coaching stock is a bit thin as is the wagon fleet of early southern vans etc.

regards

mike g

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome, cant wait to see some pics of the finished layout. What a location, ideal for DCC with bankers on the incline, or are you going to use the main station buildings over, as end of scene ?
The mention of 'Bomo's Dud' (34043) always make me smile, why Hornby chose that one must have been pure chance.
Paul M.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome aboard Rog,

Always glad to welcome a Southern man to the forum.

Regards

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Sounds as if you are having a whale of a time

Welcome to the Forum and above all keep on enjoying the hobby

How about Barnstaple with that wonderful bridge coming in from Exeter

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts