Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

my names Tom, im 23 have been into model railways since I was....well very little. Currently building a layout in the garage 14ft by 8ft, depicts Eastern Region BR, love Peppercorn A1's and A2's so much so I will be on Tornado's run down to King's Cross :)

Also do modelling of the engines from Wilbert Awdry's Railway Series, here is a picture of an accurate Henry I did, with correct Fowler Tender, loco started of as a super detailed Hornby Black 5

anyhow, thanks for leting me join, great to be here!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hello and a very warm welcome to you TomTank.

You are very welcome to join in on this website which I think you will find as I did a very helpful and pleasant bunch!!

Never be afraid of asking questions as i am sure someone on the MRF will know the answer.

Your Henry looks very good by the way
. Oh and one very important statement always ENJOY your railway modelling and remember it's YOUR layout you do and run whatever you like

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Tomtank and welcome to the MRF.

It's good to see some (relatively speaking) young blood coming in. Us wrinklies can be a bit set in our ways and maybe in need of some inspiration and ideas from contributors such as yourself who could have new ideas for improving our hobby.

I very much like the look of what you have achieved so far and look forward to seeing some more pictures.

·
Registered
412 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 18 Jan 2009, 16:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Tomtank and welcome to the MRF.

It's good to see some (relatively speaking) young blood coming in. Us wrinklies can be a bit set in our ways and maybe in need of some inspiration and ideas from contributors such as yourself who could have new ideas for improving our hobby.

I very much like the look of what you have achieved so far and look forward to seeing some more pictures.

cheers for the kind words

I have actually filmed my layout recently for youtube, just showing off my new locos, coach stock is all wrong lol

will start a thread in my layout section at some point :)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome aboard.

Love that Henry

Regards

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Tom just had a look at your video and I thought it was very good indeed. I did like the Engine sounds they seemed to be in tune well with the Engines.

The music was great I do recognise the tune but can't remember the title.

Very well done and do keep us posted on the " on my layout" topic threads when you start the scenery etc.

Kind regards
Paul

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (madon37s @ 19 Jan 2009, 17:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Tom just had a look at your video and I thought it was very good indeed. I did like the Engine sounds they seemed to be in tune well with the Engines.

The music was great I do recognise the tune but can't remember the title.

Very well done and do keep us posted on the " on my layout" topic threads when you start the scenery etc.

Kind regards
Paul

thankyou Paul

the piece is Coronation Scot, you can find the recording on Itunes

glad you liked the video, I have just changed my channel design.

many thanks

Tom

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Tomtank and welcome to the model rail forum. I've seen your work on youtube and im very impressed, nice to see someone recreating the Island of Sodor in the style of the Railway Series; Loved reading them stories when I was young. Are you creating any other characters after Henry?

I was wondering does Henry run with a Fowler tender in the Railway Series? I always thought it was a flat sided version of the Stanier tender that he ran with after the Crewe rebuild.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (steamrailuk @ 21 Jan 2009, 17:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Tomtank and welcome to the model rail forum. I've seen your work on youtube and im very impressed, nice to see someone recreating the Island of Sodor in the style of the Railway Series; Loved reading them stories when I was young. Are you creating any other characters after Henry?

I was wondering does Henry run with a Fowler tender in the Railway Series? I always thought it was a flat sided version of the Stanier tender that he ran with after the Crewe rebuild.

hi there Henry was given a Stanier tender from Crewe (flat sidedness was just an error) but once you get later on in the series, it changes to Fowler, this can be clearly seen in Christopher Awdry's books 'Railway Series 27-41' hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
QUOTE (TomTank @ 22 Jan 2009, 20:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi there Henry was given a Stanier tender from Crewe (flat sidedness was just an error) but once you get later on in the series, it changes to Fowler, this can be clearly seen in Christopher Awdry's books 'Railway Series 27-41' hope this helps

You were right, he does have a Fowler tender later on. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts