Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In depth idiot
8,464 Posts
Sounds like fun. I am at the Southern end of one of the Waverley routes, modelling the KX area. Sadly Scotland is not yet perfectly supplied with suitable RTR models for your location, but I can heartily commend the Hornby J36 which is from Hornby';s top drawer.

·
In depth idiot
8,464 Posts
Southern end like the borders region or further afield?...
The London end of the East Coast main line, Kings Cross inner suburban area. In fine weather the ECML route is always a delight; although I yet haven't tried the new Hitachi hybrid MU's recently introduced to run the fast services, and reports are 'mixed'.

As for your DMU enquiry, a scan of the 'railcar' site may be an aid to picking the appropriate units.
Bachmann have produced a useful range of BR's DMU's which started with the class 108 which is a 'Derby' type. I suspect that is the closest match for the 107 and 116.

Heljan have announced a class 104, and one of the proposed liveries is the Scotrail 'Mexican bean'; got to be honest and say I never saw such a thing, I suspect it was in service while career seriously limited time for the railway interest. Whatever, delivery estimate is 18 months away...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts