Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I began lurking here during the 'Bachmann spat' over on the RMWeb forum, found an unanswered post earlier which I was able to help with (albeit 2 months late...) so signed on, and, well, here I am.

I model in two scales - ScaleSeven, and ScaleOne32 which is a brand new gauge, practiced by, as far as we know, just three of us at the moment - pioneering stuff! It's virtually proto-32 in Gauge One (1/32 scale opposed to 10mm), but the standards allow our stock to run on the commercially available 45mm track if we desire.

From my username , you'd be correct to deduce that my favoured Company is the Great Eastern, and my chosen era falls between 1880 and 1914 - though it's not too strict.

Two layouts in planning - Basilica Fields - ScaleSeven East London c1900s on three levels based on the Bishopsgate/Spitalfields/Whitechapel area, with the ELR and Metropolitan line (in steam) thrown in for good measure, and a very embryonic S132 shunting plank same era - bit of a misnomer as it will be 12' x 30" long - enough for a couple of turnouts...

I'm also part of a team building a huge layout to represent a might-have-been at West Mersea near Colechester c1946 in ScaleSeven. Stage 1 is 30' x 4', and track laying is well under way, and the current plan is to at least double if not triple the length, and double the width. A veritable monster.

I am a full time modelmaker (the reason my layouts tend to remain in planning for a long time!) mostly in 7mm - both 0Fine and S7, but also Gauge 1 and occasionally 4mm for weathering jobs.

Here's a small selection of what I do:

A J68 in S7. My commission was to weather the model c1946-8.

My commission was to build paint and weather this Thompson 328 c1950s

One of my own - a Gauge One PO wagon to ScaleOne32 standards.

Finally, my commission was to build and super detail this Jinty to represent the loco as it appeared in the '50s at Templecombe, including the pully/tackle slung over the handrail.

More galleries on my website - though I've yet more still to load - when I get some free time!

·
Registered
498 Posts
QUOTE (buckjumper @ 2 Sep 2006, 21:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...Finally, my commission was to build and super detail this Jinty to represent the loco as it appeared in the '50s at Templecombe,
Dont show them that shot of the driver though...

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (buckjumper @ 2 Sep 2006, 21:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One of my own - a Gauge One PO wagon to ScaleOne32 standards.

Hi Buckjumper,

Another one of us with multi-forum membership,...personally I consider that corner plate on your PO wagon A work of art,-superlative stuff!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Buckjumper,

Reference the corner plate on the PO wagon. I like the way you have correctly modelled the bolts with the heads inside the wagon and the square nuts on the outside. Was this detail on the kit or did you add it yourself? If you added it yourself, how did you do it?

Both the models and the photography are truly superb.

Colombo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your comments.

Replies:

Dennis David: No diesels, but the Met was electrifies in 1905, and my current plan is to warp the time continuum to set that back to the outbreak of war.

PMC - Long memory!

Columbo: The Slaters G1 kit has all this detail on it. The interior is similarly correctly moulded. The only thing missing was the protective iron capping over the top planks which I added from 10 thou strip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts